Lentil and Kale Stir-Fry
Posted April 5, 2012on:
Yummy, healthy, slow energy release recipe that fills you up, and keeps you going for ages.
100g brown lentils
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 handfuls of kale (1 bunch), washed and chopped
½ tsp. curry powder
¼ tsp. ground cumin
¼ tsp. ground coriander
500ml vegetable stock
1 tbsp. olive oil
½ tsp. crushed chilli
- Wash the lentils thoroughly, place in a saucepan. Add the stock and boil for 40 mins or according to instructions on packet. Be careful not to overcook them.
- Once cooked, drain and set aside
- Heat the oil in a wok or stir fry pan, add the onions and garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, chilli and coriander, cook for a minute or two
- Add the lentils and mix until the spices have mixed in properly
- Finally, add the kale and bell pepper, mix together and stir-fry for another 3-5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy