Posts Tagged ‘Alfalfa Sprouts’
4 large collard leaves (or chard)
1 red bell pepper
2-3 ounces alfalfa sprouts
1 carrot, grated
½ tsp. wholegrain mustard
1 garlic clove, minced
½ inch grated ginger
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Wash the collard leaves, cut off white stem at the bottom that has no leaves and place them in a bath of warm water with juice of half
a lemon. Let soak for 5 minutes. Dry the leaves off with paper towels and using a knife thinly slice down the central root (to make it
easier to bend the leaves for wrapping).
2. Slice avocado, cucumber and pepper into strips
3. In a bowl or using a food processor, mix the garlic, ginger, mustard, lime juice and olive oil. Mix until properly combined.
4. Place a collard leaf on a plate and layer red pepper, cucumber and avocado slices, alfalfa sprouts, grated carrots and drizzle a tablespoon of dressing over it.
5. Fold over the top and bottom and then wrap up the sides. Slice in half and serve.