Posts Tagged ‘Avocado’
It’s best to make this about an hour before serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 large peeled and pitted avocado
1/2 fresh lime juice
1/2 jalapeño pepper (optional)
1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1. Mash avocado with a fork until very smooth.
2. Add tomato, cayenne pepper, lime juice and jalapeño pepper. Blend until smooth. This may be done in a food processor, blender or with a fork.
3. Add sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
4. Serve chilled with raw vegetables like carrots and cucumber.
This is such a simple and yummy recipe that can be used at any time of the day. I’ve had it for breakfast, brunch/lunch and can also be used as a starter.
¼ tsp. oregano
Juice of ½ lime
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of salt and black pepper
Handful fresh coriander
Pack of Whole meal wraps
- Deseed and chop the avocado, cucumber and tomatoes into small cubes
- Wash and chop the coriander leaves
- Place all ingredients in a bowl
- Add the lime juice, oil, salt oregano and pepper and mix thoroughly until everything is properly coated
- Warm the wraps in a toaster or oven just before you’re ready to serve
- Place a couple of scoops of the salad on the wrap, roll up and enjoy!