Posts Tagged ‘Banana’
The weather is so awesome right now especially to have ice cream. Ever thought about making your own healthy ice cream? Try this recipe out, it’s so yummy and you don’t even need to add any sweetener. The fruit sugar sweetens it enough – though if it’s not enough for you, you could add 1 tbsp. of agave nectar or sweetener of your choice.
1 tsp. vanilla
Cup of almond milk
1. Peel and chop the mango and banana, and put in a bowl and freeze for about 1 day
2. Put the frozen fruits in your vitamix/blender
3. Add the vanilla and almond milk
4. Blend until smooth or if using a vitamix, it will form four mounds in the jug – it’s ready.
5. Enjoy straight away or empty into tupaware and freeze. I like to sprinkle chopped almonds over it, love the crunch!
Need an awesome way to get you set up for the day? This smoothie will keep you energised and going for quite some time. We all know bananas are full of potassium and boost energy but not only that – they also contain vitamins B and C, beta- carotene, folic acid, magnesium and calcium which all help boost your immune system and lower cholesterol.
Kiwis also have similar properties to bananas, as well as contain vitamin E which helps improve skin radiance. They also help cleanse and energize our bodies.
Kale has anti-inflammatory, anti-cancer and antioxidant properties. It is packed full of fibre, vitamins A, C, E, K, B vitamins, copper, magnesium, iron, calcium and copper.
2 handful of kale
Juice of 1 lime
1 cup water
Place the lot in a blender or smoothie maker and blend. Add some ice instead of water if you prefer it cold. Enjoy!