Posts Tagged ‘Black pepper’
Sweet potatoes are on everyone’s mind this season. They seem to go hand in hand with the holidays, and fortunately, eating these and other sweet vegetables needn’t be limited to this time of year.
Much higher in nutrients than white potatoes and especially rich in vitamin A, sweet potatoes offer a creamy consistency that is satisfying and soothing. They are healing to the stomach, spleen, pancreas and reproductive organs and help to remove toxins from the body.
4 sweet potatoes
1/2 bunch fresh coriander
2 tbsp. Olive oil
Pinch of salt and coarse black pepper
- Wash the sweet potatoes and bake them whole, in their skins, at 180 degrees until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Wash and chop coriander leaves.
- Mix the lime juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a small bowl
- When sweet potatoes are done and a bit cool, cut into cubes and place on serving plate. Sprinkle the dressing all over, and shower with coriander leaves.
It’s best to make this about an hour before serving.
Prep time: 5 minutes
1 large peeled and pitted avocado
1/2 fresh lime juice
1/2 jalapeño pepper (optional)
1 tomato, deseeded and chopped
1/4 tsp. of cayenne pepper
Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
1. Mash avocado with a fork until very smooth.
2. Add tomato, cayenne pepper, lime juice and jalapeño pepper. Blend until smooth. This may be done in a food processor, blender or with a fork.
3. Add sea salt and fresh black pepper to taste.
4. Serve chilled with raw vegetables like carrots and cucumber.