Posts Tagged ‘Coriander’
Sweet potatoes are on everyone’s mind this season. They seem to go hand in hand with the holidays, and fortunately, eating these and other sweet vegetables needn’t be limited to this time of year.
Much higher in nutrients than white potatoes and especially rich in vitamin A, sweet potatoes offer a creamy consistency that is satisfying and soothing. They are healing to the stomach, spleen, pancreas and reproductive organs and help to remove toxins from the body.
4 sweet potatoes
1/2 bunch fresh coriander
2 tbsp. Olive oil
Pinch of salt and coarse black pepper
- Wash the sweet potatoes and bake them whole, in their skins, at 180 degrees until tender, about 40 minutes.
- Wash and chop coriander leaves.
- Mix the lime juice, olive oil, salt and black pepper in a small bowl
- When sweet potatoes are done and a bit cool, cut into cubes and place on serving plate. Sprinkle the dressing all over, and shower with coriander leaves.
2 chicken breasts
Handful of fresh coriander (chopped)
1 spring onion (chopped)
5 cherry tomatoes (sliced in half)
1 avocado (cut into cubes)
1 tsp. olive oil
Pinch of salt and black pepper
1 tsp. chicken seasoning
1 tsp. balsamic vinegar
½ lime juice
1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
½ tsp. oregano
Pinch of coarse black pepper
½ tsp. agave nectar or manuka honey
- Mix the salt, pepper, olive oil and chicken seasoning in a small bowl, and baste the chicken with it. Set aside in the fridge for about an hour so the chicken absorbs the seasoning.
- Bake the chicken in the oven for about 30-45 mins or until cooked
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl or jar with a cover, shake well and set aside
- Place the salad, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and coriander in salad bowl, add the dressing and toss together until salad is properly coated with dressing.
- Dish the salad onto plates, add the chicken and top with avocado.
Huge salad and very filling. Enjoy!